1. Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless Godby Francis Chan This is a great reminder to read every new year that it isn’t about our to-do list or the don’t in life, but asking ourselves – Am I loving God well? God is calling you to a passionate love relationship with Himself. Because the answer to religious complacency isn’t working harder at a list of do’s and don’ts--it’s falling in love with God. And once you encounter His love, as Francis Chan describes it, you will never be the same. Because when you’re wildly in love with someone, it changes everything.
2.The Circle Maker: Praying Circles Around Your Biggest Dreams and Greatest Fearsby Mark Batterson After reading this book be ready to begin praying audacious prayers for the dreams you have for 2015. Mark does a great job helping us understand what happens when you pray for your family, finances, and your future.
3. The Pursuit of Godby A.W. Tozer I am an old school girl when it comes to Christian authors. I love the writings of Tozer because he writes in a way that has you aweing after the presence of God. Can’t wait to add this as part of my daily readings.
4. Jesus Prom: Life Gets Fun When You Love People Like God Doesby Jon Weece I want to Love better every year. I have this on my bookshelf and can’t wait to dive in and have an extravagant party that celebrates the very people Jesus died to love.
5. Live Original: How the Duck Commander Teen Keeps It Real and Stays True to Her Valuesby Sadie Robertson Most of you know we have two teenage daughters, 13 and 14 years old. They are asking for this book for Christmas. I am for anything a teen girl is willing to stay true to herself and her faith. Keep being the bright example, Sadie!
6. Devotions for a Healthier Youby Katie Farrell I will turn 42 in 2015 and for the last 2 years I have been able to maintain keeping the 30 lbs I lost off. Now I want to add more exercise, eating right and take care of the body God has given me. Can’t wait to add this to my devotions, plus, she’s a stinkin’ cutie!
7. Clout: Discover and Unleash Your God-Given Influenceby Jenni Catron, I have sat across the table with Jenni and let me just say her wisdom for helping others succeed is who she is. What Jenni has done has put her passion into words that only she can do. She weaves us through the process of our gifts, talents and passions as leaders, whether it be in ministry or business and the influence we have and are capable of.
8. Visioneering: God's Blueprint for Developing and Maintaining Visionby Andy Stanley Every new year Jose and I write our vision down (Habakkuk 2:2) for what we are asking God to do in the New Year. This is a must for those wanting a new vision for 2015. Andy Stanley leaves you with a clear mental picture of what could be, fueled by the conviction that it should be.
9. Good to Great in God's Eyes: 10 Practices Great Christians Have in Commonby Chip Ingram shows how Christians can honor God with the lives of great faith and excellent work. Believers become great in God's eyes by applying the 10 common characteristics of great Christians. Using Scripture, personal stories, and examples of Christians who left a lasting legacy, bestselling author Chip Ingram offers practical steps for becoming great in all areas of life, in spiritual growth, family, relationships, and career.
10. Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Usby Daniel H. Pink Often times we think money is our motivation to begin new things when ultimately things with no passion behind it will fail. Daniel discusses the secret to high performance and satisfaction-at work, at school, and at home—is the deeply human need to direct our own lives, to learn and create new things, and to do better by ourselves and our world.
So what are you reading? Would love to hear...