This born and raised girl from Southern California found herself in the fall of 1991 as a freshman at Oral Roberts University in Tulsa, Oklahoma. As a Christian since I was 9, I always had a passion for anything God had for me whether it was missions work in Mexico with my grandparents, hearing my grandfather preach underneath the tent as he traveled from city to city or serving the Navajo Indian Reservation in the hottest Southwest parts of the country. I came back that summer of my freshman year (18) to preach my first message to our churches congregation and will never forget the site of so many of those that gave their life to Christ that night.
But, this girl had a dark family secret.
I can go on and tell you how I messed up in choices that sophomore year or how I married young only to find myself abused and divorced 6 months later. I can tell you about my life spiraling downward in my early twenties and wondering what would God want to do with me now…I am worthless. I just wanted to go back to those days of being a little girl again (without the secret).
But, God had a plan!
Fast forward to today. I am happily married to my amazing, incredible, wonderful husband for 16 years and we have 4 crazy, keep us on our toes, teenagers!! Yes, all teenagers. David is 16, Gabby and Michael are our “surprise” twins that are 14 and our other “surprise” Ms. Hannah who is 13. I can go on and on about them but I figure you can read about what it’s like to parent them here on this blog.
Why I Speak and Write?
1. Because there are situations in life that don’t ask for bravery but a bravery that goes beyond something we can only obtain with a relationship with Jesus Christ.
To “spiritual” of an answer you might say?
Then how about this, my passion is to see women set free from abuse, neglect, bondage, and feeling worthless to a place where they find healing, wholeness, and grace. Whether they are suffering from choices they have made or an adult taking a child’s innocence by no choice of their own, it takes a Beyond Brave moment to receive peace and forgiveness that only Jesus can give.
Believing in the proclamation, demonstration, and transformation of the love and power of God through a uncompromised Word and where the demonstration of the Holy Ghost can be manifested.
2. My other passion is parenting these teenagers! I love it, I fail at it, I cry about it and I laugh about it, but my hope is that we all learn from it. What a joy it is to parent these four. I am no where near perfect, neither is my home, and for that I want to learn from you as we grow as parents.
Upon request, I have spoken to several MOPS and Parenting groups in the United States and Internationally. If needed, I can tailor a message to fit your meeting or conference. You can also find my list of Topics here.
One thing I am always asked is:
How do you pronounce your last name?
I always say – think of Lawrence of Arabia and just put an S in front of it. 🙂
I inspire women to become all that they were meant for and trust Him in the process.
My upcoming speaking events can be found here.
Find out what others are saying on the References page.
Top 5 Blog Posts My Readers Love
1. Jeans that fit! Hallelujah! Amen!
2. Philippians 4:6-7
3. The Notebook movie
4. Having coffee with my girlfriends
5. Goin’ fishing with my family
6. Chocolate covered cherries Blue Bell ice cream (yum!)
7. Fitting in my jeans after chocolate covered cherries Blue Bell ice cream!
8. Any book from Rick Renner
9. Christ Church choir in Nashville
10. God, my family, and my friends! (Always 1st!)
Thanks for stopping by!